“To impart comprehensive higher education for all irrespective of caste, creed, gender, religion, haves and have-nots.”
Y. K. College, Wangjing, Manipur was established as a co-educational private college on October 28, 1972 with affiliation to Gauhati University, Gauhati, Assam, under a private Management Committee comprising some leading local educationists and social workers of Wangjing, Lamding and adjoining villages of that time. (Late) Yangambam Biren (Babudhon) Singh of Wangjing Awang Leikai was the Founder Chairman of the management committee (governing body). The details of the erstwhile governing body were as under:
1. Y. Biren Singh : Chairman
2. Kh. Leimu Singh : Vice-Chairman
3. N. Ibotombi Singh : Secretary-cum-Principal
4. Y. Themboi Singh : Member
5. Y. Achou Singh : Member
6. L. Sharatchandra Singh : Member
7. L. Khomdon Singh : Member
8. M. Balaram Singh : Member
9. Ak. Manglemjao Singh : Member
10. Sh. Babu Singh : Member
11. Kh. Babudhon Singh : Member
12. L. Naba Singh : Member
(Late) Y. Biren Singh, the Chairman of the committee was the main donor of the college and the present name of the college was adopted in memory of his brother, (Late) Yangambam Kumar Singh who died in a tragic aeroplane crash on way from Imphal to Gauhati in the year 1970.The college became a full-fledged government degree college with affiliation to Manipur University, Canchipur, Imphal, w.e.f. 01-01-1980 and got permanent affiliation status as per section 2(f) and 12(b) of the U.G.C. Acts. The college is at present preparing in full swing for assessment and accreditation by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore.
The college has a single campus located at Wangjing along N.H. 102 (Indo-Myanmar Trans-Asia Highway) in a vast, naturally beautiful area bounded by a healthy environment just to the south of District Sports Complex, Kodompokpi Ground, Wangjing (Thoubal District). Only half-a-kilometre to the south of WangjingKeithel, and 3 kms.north to Khongjom War Memorial Monument (a remarkable historical site of India), the campus of Yangambam Kumar College is easily and comfortably accessible and communicable.
The VISION of the college is to achieve academic, research and professional excellence using innovative, creative, collaborative and sustainable practices. The college provides ethical values, mutual respects, transparency, diversity, lifelong learning and pursuit of excellence.
The MISSION of the college is to achieve the following targets:
- To impart a comprehensive higher education irrespective of caste, creed, gender, religion etc.
- To promote mental, physical, and social development through academic excellence.
- To educate the rural population, mainly the economically backward young generations in a motivating academic environment.
- To produce maximum number of good and responsible citizens and enable them to serve mankind
- To enable the young generations of the rural society become aware of the global challenges in the fields of economics, education, politics, science and technology, information technology, historical aspects, games and sports, arts and culture etc. and all and above the never ending human resources and civilization.
VISION MAP OF THE COLLEGE IS LAID DOWN HERE:
VISION MAP OF THE COLLEGE