CODE OF CONDUCT OF Y.K. COLLEGE
1. Every student shall wear clean, neat and formal dress. Casual wear such as T-Shirts, shorts and jeans must be avoided.
2. Students should not engage in behaviour that disrupts or interferes with the learning experience, including talking in class while the faculty member or other students are speaking, using offensive language or personal attack, creating distractions or disturbances, sleeping and reading unrelated materials.
3. The use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited inside the classroom.
4. Entering the classroom late or leaving the classroom prior to the end of class is not allowed unless exceptional circumstances arise.
5. The college expects healthy and decent relationship amongst students of both sexes both on campus and off campus. Any behaviour contrary to this sprit is deemed unlawful and punishable.
6. During leisure hours, students are advised to use the library, College Canteen or Boys’/ Girls’ Common Room. Girl students should not stay in the classrooms during leisure hours.
7. Students shall maintain decorum of the classroom and college campus.
8. Students are strictly prohibited from sitting on the chairs meant for teachers.
9. Students should refrain from any anti-social activities.
10. Students should possess identity cards inside the campus daily.
11. Students should strictly observe examination rules and regulations during the time of exam and they shouldn’t indulge their fellow students in doing malpractices.
12. Without the permission of the Principal, students are not permitted to circulate any printed materials or pamphlets inside and outside college premises.
13. Students should take care of their belongings. The institution will not be responsible for any loss.
14. Ragging in any form is a serious offence and it will be dealt with severely as it has been declared unlawful throughout the country.
be caring, fair and committed to the best interests of the students entrusted to their care, and seek to motivate, inspire and celebrate effort and success;
act with honesty and integrity in all aspects of their work;
maintain high standards of practice in relation to student learning, planning, monitoring, assessing and providing feedback;
apply their knowledge and experience in facilitating students’ holistic development;
create an environment where students can become active agents in the learning process and develop lifelong learning skills;
abide by the rules and regulations of the institution;
work in a collaborative manner with students, parents/guardians, college administration, other members of staff and relevant professionals, as appropriate, in seeking to effectively meet the needs of students;
work to establish and maintain a culture of mutual trust and respect in the college;
nurture research activities in their respective disciplines;
develop teaching, learning and assessment strategies that support differentiated learning in a way that respects the dignity of all students.
For ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF:
Administrative staffs are expected to:
be regular and punctual I attending office;
demonstrate their respect for the professionalism of faculty and support staff
maintain honesty, integrity, fairness in all activities;
be fully conversant with all aspects of the College’s policies and procedures and will be prepared to implement them;
exercise self-discipline at all times and deal positively with staff, students and the general public;
establish and maintain co-operative and collegial relationships with other administrative staff members;
not divulge official secrets, mutilate, expunge, conceal, alter or forge official documents;
exercise caution in the expenditure of college funds and ensure that due process and fair bidding practices are observed;
refuse to invite, solicit, or allow gossip, innuendo, or direct disparagement of any academic employee, support staff member, or other administrator, other than in the context of receiving a report regarding an issue of concern;
avoid social networking sites such as Facebook, Whatsapp, etc. during the working hours.
As per the orders of the Hon’ble Supreme Court, any student found indulging in ragging activities shall be expelled from the college and also, an FIR shall be lodged against him/her.
Y. K. COLLEGE IS NO SMOKING ZONE
CODE OF CONDUCT OF Y.K. COLLEGE