I would like to address to all members of the society, particularly to the young students, that Y.K. College situated in NH-102, with the District Sports Complex on the northern side, in Thoubal District, which has been effectively administered by 23 numbers of Principal in a span of 47 years so far, is ceaselessly taking an important role in imparting Higher Education in the state. I am very happy on having the opportunity to say something about the college. The college which was first established in the year 1972 to impart education in Pre-University level has now a total of 12 Honors Courses in the Undergraduate Course as part of General Education, not mentioning the Automotive Vocation Course and Computer Operation Course and is now becoming one of the best colleges that provide employment opportunities to youths. The ability to produce responsible citizens since its inception only strengthens the commitment of the college in imparting quality education and molding students into resourceful, self-reliant and responsible members of society, day by day.
Not only this, the District Sports Complex with its infrastructure as a state level stadium along with the Y.K. College’s Swimming Pool and an indoor stadium, serve as a big bonus for students desiring to pursue Higher Education and Sports together. This additional bonus for pursuing higher education along with sports definitely makes Y.K. College stand out from the rest of the colleges in the state.
The focus of the college is also in providing Entrepreneurship Career and Skill Development to its students besides conducting Co-curricular as well as Extra-curricular activities for the students. The teachers of the college are also engaged in organizing Seminars and taking part in Seminars, conferences, workshops, etc. organized by different institutes and participating in the worldly matters, besides dedicating their duties as responsible educators. With this, let us again remind ourselves the Mission of the College.
THE MISSION IS:
- To impart higher education for all irrespective of caste, creed, gender, religion, and haves and have nots.
- To educate the rural population, economically backward young generation of rural society in a motivating environment so that they (students) can unfold their hidden talents for becoming a perfect individual with positive outlook towards life.
- To produce good and responsible members of society which is degrading day-by-day due to individualistic view of life, thereby, making them ignorant of universal, pluralistic and harmonious nature of society where man can live as a social being.
- To make aware of the global trends in the economic, political, educational, environmental and scientific areas of study so that the most threatening problems to the extinction of mankind from this beautiful planet may be solved forever.
- To mould and shape the students to become good and responsible public leaders, academicians, scientists, lawyers, doctors, engineers, writers, teachers, artists and artisans, sports persons and responsible members of society.
- To explore the never ending human resource so as to channelize in the right direction to achieve a never ending social progress.
Along with the Mission, the college is striving forth to follow the New Education Policy so that quality education can be imparted to the young generation in years to come. Therefore, it would not be blatant cry in saying that Y.K. College is a college which is at par with the best colleges in the state.
EXPERIENCE OF THE PRINCIPAL:
1. 30 years teaching experience of undergraduate science courses and three years teaching experience of Biochemistry and Life Sciences
2. Produced three Ph.D. degree holders who are serving as Assistant Professors in University and Autonomous College.
3. Two research scholars are currently working by registering to Manipur University and in collaboration with Department of Biochemistry, Manipur College, Imphal-795008.
4. Published more than 20 research papers in national and International Journals.
5. Published more than 10 general articles in different journals.
6. Author of the Book ‘ Significances of Solid State Fermentative Processing of Soibum'( ISBN: 978-3-330-04720-4, Published by Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany).
7. Delivered three lectures in e-content development of undergraduate syllabus on B.Sc. Biochemistry taken up under the ‘NME-ICT-CEC Project of the Consortium for Educational Communication, New Delhi, an inter- University Body of the University Grants Commission and recorded by EMRC, Manipur University.
8.Serving as Editor of Journal of North East Foods ( RNI No.- MANENG/2012/41096).
9. Conferred Honourary Fellowship- F.S.L.Sc.
10. Completed three research projects granted by UGC
11. Served as Co-coordinator of Biotech.- Hub, Manipur College.
12. Worked as Convener of Committee of PG, Life Sciences, Manipur
13. Life member of Association of Food Scientists and Technologists, India; Society of Life Sciences, India and member of Academy of Plant Sciences, India.